A look at the 2021-2022 School Year
What will the 2021-2022 school year look like at Gaarde Christian School?
As Gaarde Christian School (GCS) continues to navigate providing a quality Christian education amidst the current challenges due to the pandemic, the school’s administrative team continues to be committed to prayerfully making decisions that will:
· Keep our campus healthy and operational.
· Encourage personal responsibility to help maintain a healthy learning environment.
· Support parents in their right to make decisions they believe are in the best interests of their child (ren).
· Provide an environment with opportunities for students to thrive spiritually, academically, socially, and emotionally.
God’s Faithfulness in 2020-21
The Lord’s protection and provision were evident as we resumed in person learning in the fall of 2020 and throughout the school year:
· There were no known cases of COVID among school staff or students.
· Students were kept in cohorts and there were a mix of masked and unmasked students within the cohort.
· Staff wore masks while interacting with students.
Health and Safety Protocols for the 2021-2022 School Year
We will be implementing/continuing the following protocols in an ongoing effort to keep our campus healthy. We were very successful in this last year, due in part to parent support and vigilance in keeping students home that were ill. Please note that the following protocols are subject to change in response to the situation changing.
All individuals are required to wear a face covering while indoors in accordance with OAR 333-019-1015. Exceptions will be for students who have a signed health waiver on file in the office in accordance with OAR 333-019-1015.
School staff will continue to be vigilant in following cleaning and sanitizing protocols that were initially put into place last school year. These practices include but are not limited to increased handwashing, increased cleaning of high touch surfaces, and limiting visitors/volunteers on campus. Parents are also encouraged to continue to assess the health of their student daily before sending their student(s) to school. Any student that is not feeling well will need to stay home until they are fever-free, and symptoms have improved. Additionally, parents will need to contact the GCS office to inform us of the student's absence and the symptoms.
Students that feel unwell during the school day, will be assessed by office staff, and parents will be called if necessary. We will not be providing COVID testing on-site. It will the parent’s choice to seek COVID testing for their student(s).
We believe it is the parent’s choice to decide if the COVID-19 vaccine is right for their family. We are not making the COVID-19 vaccine a requirement on our campus.
Response to Cases
1. Inform the front office
2. Quarantine for a minimum of 10 days.
3. Return back to campus being fever free for the last 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
All other scenarios will be evaluated individually as to the proper response necessary in that specific scenario.
Full-Time In-person Learning
For the 2021-2022 school year, GCS will be full-time, in-person, and using our traditional curriculum.
GCS administration will continue to monitor our situation and make necessary changes as our school community continues to proceed forward with an attitude of faithfulness to further our mission “your child, our calling.”